Case Study #1: Staying ‘top of mind’ with clients/prospects
Challenge: The firm was struggling to find a way to stay connected with past clients – but didn’t want to appear ‘salesy’ in their approach.
Actions: We recommended an e-newsletter that would focus on topical issues that are of concern to their clients, with their opinions on how to handle these issues.
- Saw an open rate of 30% (industry average is 25%)
- Received feedback from 9 former clients and prospects whom they hadn’t spoken to in awhile, which converted into 4 meetings
- The meetings converted into 2 projects totaling $38,000
- The fee for a quarterly newsletter was about $3300, which converted into $38,000 worth of business.
Case Study #2: Staying in touch with clients
Challenge: The firm wanted to increase business by staying in touch with clients but in an unobtrusive way.
Actions: Included valuable info about party planning, hot new trends and menus
- Saw an open rate of 30% [versus the industry average of 22%)
- Average of 3% clicked through to the website versus industry average of 1.3%
- Received emails and comments about the newsletter which opened the door for conversations about upcoming catering opportunities
- Orders came in – some of them ordering right off the sample menu shown in the e-newsletter
Case Study #3: Building a marketing plan
The company was frustrated with the results they were getting from their current marketing. They wanted to get more direction in how to market their business more effectively utilizing a variety of marketing tools.
- After a thorough intake evaluation, FIA helped to identify the company’s strengths, weaknesses, USP’s (unique selling points), their ideal customers, influencers and untapped income opportunities. They created a custom marketing ‘road map’ and ideal tactics based on this information.
- Outlined the best marketing tactics for their business using an integrated approach which included: social media, direct mail, new website, calling program, newsletter, and other online marketing tactics
- Explained why they would work
- Explained how often to use them
- Uncovered a new revenue opportunity
- Explained why their current marketing was not working
Results: After ‘working’ the plan for 18 months, they hired 3 new employees and subsequently moved to a larger location.
Case Study #4: New Website
Industry: Day Camp
Challenge: The company’s website was not converting new campers in the way that they wanted.
The company’s website was cluttered, with too much content and no direction of where to go on the website. Visitors did not stay long and thus did not convert into new customers.
- After a thorough intake, FIA mapped out a clearly defined path directing visitors where to go on the website
- Utilized a WordPress platform to increase searchability
- Cut the number of pages in half – from 80 to 40 with the idea that ‘less is more.’
- Added videos showing children + counselors in action, plus parent testimonials
- Included specific calls to action: take a tour, sign up for a brochure, etc.
- Traffic on the site increased by 60% over the next year
- Visitors stayed longer on the site
- Visitors took an ‘actionable’ next step – sign up for a tour, fill out a contact form, etc
- Overall searches increased by 15% – 300 more searches than the previous year
- More searches + more tours = more campers